Tuesday 26 April 2016

Benefit Dandelion Shy Beam



Benefit’s Dandelion Shy Beam Liquid Highlighter is possibly one of the most subtle highlighters I’ve come across.

This soft-matte, nude pink liquid has been designed to create the softest, non-shimmery look allowing your radiance to shine through.




Contouring and highlighting can be a bit of a ‘mare sometimes and it can take a while to get the nack of it, highlighting particularly.

I may have been known to have gone a little OTT with my highlighter sometimes and occasionally, maybe, end up resembling a glitter ball at best or a shiny looking mess at worst.




This liquid highlighter is almost my exact skin tone in colour, if slightly lighter and doesn’t contain a hint of shimmer.

When I first applied it, it was so subtle I was pretty sure I couldn’t even see it!



 
It wasn’t until my skin caught the light in the right way that I could see a subtle difference in the areas I had used it on.




My cheekbones and brow bones appeared to be subtly more prominent and radiant, just without the familiar shimmer I’d normally see with other highlighters.




While the formula and its subtle colour works well on my skin, if you are any darker than me then I’m not sure Shy Beam will work for you.

While it does blend in well, I think you may struggle to make it work on darker skin tones and it may look a little like you’ve applied foundation that is too light for your skin.




For pale and light skin tones like me however, it’s a great product and is perfect for creating a natural day look.

Benefit’s Dandelion Shy Beam is available now from Benefit and it costs £19.50.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I don't tend to use highlighters much because I'm not a fan of a shimmery or in any way shiny look on my skin so a matte highlighter might be just the thing for me x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig