Thursday 14 February 2013

Avène Eau Thermale: For Sensitive Skin


I suffer with really sensitive skin and therefore for me, trying to find products that work the best for my skin is often difficult.
Yes, I know to steer clear of overly harsh products which contain fragrances, chemicals and other nasties, but even then I can never be too sure how my skin will react.
It’s a real bugger.
Recently I’ve been struggling with my skin, from dry patches to breakouts, oily t-zone to skin begging for moisture. Ugh.



I decided that to try and sort myself out I would ditch everything I’m currently subjecting my face to and try a brand i hadn’t used yet.
Eau Thermale Avène is a unique French dermo-cosmetic brand dedicated to each level of skin 
sensitivity; from sensitive, intolerant to allergic.  
Each product contains the Avène Thermal Spring 
Water, a unique ingredient whose properties have been endorsed by dermatologists over the years for its soothing properties.


The Soothing Hydrating Serum is an intensely soothing and hydrating serum and is ideal for sensitive skin, or skin that is easily effected by stress, pollution, or irritation.
It has a high concentration of the Avène Thermal Spring Water and the serum works to soothe and heal the skin with the help of its patented lipsomes, which work to diffuse the ingredients gradually into the upper layer of the skin.


Like all serums, I used this under my moisturiser. The formulation was thicker than some other serum’s I’ve tried, but it glided onto my skin beautifully and sunk into my skin almost immediately leaving my skin feeling soft, smooth and nourished.


Because my skin tends to be oily, I worry about adding too much moisture to my skin, but this cream was perfect.
HydranceOptimale Light works to deeply hydrate dry skin without overloading or clogging it and Sebo-absorbing capsules regulate oil production for a light matifying effect.
Indeed, I find this cream works as a wonderful primer as well, but as a moisturiser it does just the trick.


Both products are lightly scented with a pleasant, spa-esq, non offensive aroma and my skin has really begun to benefit from using them.
The dry patches on my face have lessened and the oily patches have calmed down somewhat!
I’m thrilled to have found these products and look forward to exploring more of the Avène range.

You can buy your  Eau Thermale Avène from Boots.
Have you tried and Avène products? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

2 comments

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig