Monday 29 October 2012

J'adore Ombre!


When you feel rubbish on the inside, there’s something about making yourself look bright and fresh on the outside that seems to help you feel a bit better.

I’ve been feeling a bit pants of late and decided that it was time to polish the exterior, take control of something that I actually have control over and make myself feel better!

So, I decided to have my hair coloured in a way that I’ve never done so before. 

By going Ombre!

 
After numerous personal recommendations I decided to trust my hair to Nightingales hair salon in the heart of Soho.

 This cute, intimate salon is run by a team of three- Conor the Salon owner, Owen a stylist and Hollie, a trainee stylist. 

The gorgeous Owen (left) & Conor

It has a friendly, relaxed, fun yet professional atmosphere, unlike many salons which can feel  sparse, cold and intimidating.

I was invited for an initial consultation with Owen who took the time to sit down with me and find out in-depth, what I was after.

Me before & Khloe Kardashian, my hair inspiration

I brought some photos along of the kind of thing I’d like and was reassured by Owen that he could create an extremely similar look and that I would look ‘fierce’.

Fab!

I booked my appointment for the following Tuesday and spent the next 5 days dreaming of gorgeous hair.



When I arrived Owen sat me down, got out his Wella colour chart and asked me to point out which shade I thought I would be having, to ensure I had a realistic view of the finished look.

When we were both happy that we were on the same page, he began backcombing my hair.

There's no turning back now!

This was necessary to ensure that I wasn’t left with a harsh line where my natural hair colour meets the dye!



The lotion which would strip my hair colour was then applied to the ends and mid way up my hair and left for 45 minutes to get to work.  

  A second coat was then applied to allow the hair to redevelop further and was left for another 25 minutes.

After 45 mins and before the second coat was applied

Owen then rinsed my hair and I was horrified to discover that my hair was now bright ginger.
Think luminous hi-lighting pens orange. 

Argh!

‘’Don’t worry’’ he reassured me. ’We haven’t put the toner on yet!’’.

Phew!


Toner was applied through the coloured ends of my damp hair and left to work its magic for 15 minutes before being applied all over my hair and left for a further 5 minutes.

  The toner was then rinsed off and it was time for the blow dry of my life.



Owen was sneaky and decided to blow dry my hair behind me so I couldn’t see the final result, which I was obviously desperate to! 
  
Then was time for the big reveal.



I was so incredibly pleased! 
 
I’d never seen my hair look so good- voluminous, bouncy, shiny and so different!

 Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s ‘only hair, but that didn't stop me skipping out of Nightingales with a huge smile on my face and rushing home to admire it!



With hair as long and as dark as mine, without dying it bright blond or having a drastic cut its difficult to make it look any different, but Owen succeeded where most others had failed.
Where as before I’d been pretty lazy and tied my hair back for work every day, I now  find myself getting up earlier to blow dry my hair as it seems a shame to keep it tied back when it looks so cool!


You can follow Owen on Twitter here and Nightingales on Twitter here

Call Nightingales for an appointment on 0207 734 5533


 Owen's Top Tip for getting GHD Gorgeous Curls!

Step 1:  Section the hair into 1 inch thick sections horizontally

Step 2: Take small section of hair and comb through with hands

Step 3: Wrap each section individually around the barrel fully

Step 4: Rotate the iron (closed) once over, clockwise

Step 5: Pull iron downwards slowly et Voila, you have the perfect bouncy curl



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You look gorgeous babe, really suits you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww it looks lovely! You're absolutely gorgeous! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig